Vehicles on a public roadway in Alberta are required to have valid insurance and a Vehicle Registration Certificate.
If you have purchase a vehicle you must purchase vehicle registration in person at a Registries office.
To renew your vehicle registration you have three options:
- Renew in person
- Renew online
- Renew by mail
In order to renew, or obtain registration for a newly purchased vehicle, in person please have the following with you:
- Valid insurance documents or pink card. We accept photocopies or electronic copies.
- If renewing on behalf of someone else, please be sure to bring in a copy of their current registration documents
- Please have a copy of the original bill of sale or lease agreement and NVIS (if required) for all new units to be registered
- If changes need to be made, all owners must be present to sign for the changes
- If not all owners are available to come in together, please use the Authorization for Vehicle Services form.
To renew your vehicle registration online, please select the appropriate link:
We also offer Automatic Vehicle Registration Renewal! If you are concerned that you may forget to renew your registration you can sign up to have your registration automatically renewed each year here: Automatic Vehicle Registration Renewal
Email or text message reminders that it is time to renew your registration are available through the Alberta Renewal Reminders (e-registry.ca) at no charge.
For more information visit the Service Alberta Website at