Car in front of insurance office
Every situation is unique, whether you have just purchased your first vehicle or your fifth, whether it’s new, used or a classic car, your insurance coverage needs can vary. At PVI we deal with a variety of different insurance companies where we can find the best coverage at the most competitive price to fit your individual needs.

In Alberta, there are two types of coverage that are mandatory:

Third Party Liability

  • This provides coverage if you are legally responsible for a collision that causes injury or death to another person or damages their property.

Accident Benefits

  • These are benefits that you, certain family members and passengers are entitled to receive if injured or killed in a collision. This can include income replacement, medical and rehabilitation cost, funeral expenses and counselling.

There are also several optional and additional coverages, as well as endorsements to choose from which can include:

All Perils

  • Damage to automobile from all perils


  • Damage to automobile caused by collision with another object or upset


  • Damage to automobile from any peril other than by collision with another object or by upset

Specified Perils

  • Caused by fire, lightning, theft or attempt thereat, windstorm, earthquake, hail, explosion, riot or civil commotion, falling or forced landing of aircraft or parts thereof, rising water, or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of any con   veyance in or upon which the automobile is being transported on land or water.

Loss of Use

  • In the event of an insured loss, this endorsement can cover a rental vehicle or other transportation expenses to the limit insured.

Accident Forgiveness

  • If you qualify, it is an extra level of protection you can add to your existing auto insurance policy to protect your rates from   increasing as a result of your first at-fault accident.

Replacement cost protection

  • For new vehicles, this coverage can protect the value of the vehicle to replacement cost for a certain period of time

Glass policies

  • Glass coverage can be purchased at an additional premium

By having a conversation with one of our brokers, they will be able to help you navigate all the options to ensure that you have the coverage that is perfect for you. Contact us today.

Alberta Standard Automobile Policy


Contact us and one of our brokers will be happy to assist you.

Contact Us