Personal Auto Insurance
In Alberta, there are two types of coverage that are mandatory:
Third Party Liability
- This provides coverage if you are legally responsible for a collision that causes injury or death to another person or damages their property.
- These are benefits that you, certain family members and passengers are entitled to receive if injured or killed in a collision. This can include income replacement, medical and rehabilitation cost, funeral expenses and counselling.
There are also several optional and additional coverages, as well as endorsements to choose from which can include:
- Damage to automobile from all perils
- Damage to automobile caused by collision with another object or upset
- Damage to automobile from any peril other than by collision with another object or by upset
- Caused by fire, lightning, theft or attempt thereat, windstorm, earthquake, hail, explosion, riot or civil commotion, falling or forced landing of aircraft or parts thereof, rising water, or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of any con veyance in or upon which the automobile is being transported on land or water.
Loss of Use
- In the event of an insured loss, this endorsement can cover a rental vehicle or other transportation expenses to the limit insured.
- If you qualify, it is an extra level of protection you can add to your existing auto insurance policy to protect your rates from increasing as a result of your first at-fault accident.
Replacement cost protection
- For new vehicles, this coverage can protect the value of the vehicle to replacement cost for a certain period of time
- Glass coverage can be purchased at an additional premium
By having a conversation with one of our brokers, they will be able to help you navigate all the options to ensure that you have the coverage that is perfect for you. Contact us today.