What to do in the event you have a Claim:
- Report the loss immediately to your broker, or directly to your Insurance Provider, with details as to what happened, the time of the loss, people and/or vehicles involved and any other relevant information. Find your Broker
- If reported to your Broker, they will complete and submit a Notice of Loss to the Insurance Company with the details provided.
- The Insurance Company’s Claims Department will have the claim assigned to a Claims Adjuster. This may be a company adjuster or an independent adjuster. The Adjuster’s role is to investigate all the details of the loss to determine if coverage under the policy will respond.
- In some situations, regarding damage to vehicles, equipment or other property, an Appraiser may also be assigned to provide a valuation of the property damaged or destroyed and repair estimates.
- Once the claim has been finalized, a final Proof of Loss form may need to be completed and may need to be signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths. This form is the final document required prior to any settlement payouts.
We have a dedicated Claims Liaison on staff, who is available to assist you in the event of a Claim:
Roxanne Rolfe, Claims Liaison, has been in the insurance industry for 31 years. During her career she spent 20 years working as both a Personal Lines and Commercial Lines broker and, over the past 11 years, she has worked as a Claims Adjuster for all lines, including Auto and Property. Roxanne is very knowledge and has a clear understanding of the claims process. She is available to assist and advocate for our clients that are navigating those processes.
Call your Broker:
Grande Prairie | 1-800-532-0099
Sexsmith | 1-800-288-8341
Spirit River | 1-877-297-1541
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company | 1-844-929-2637
General Claims Information
Claims to be made directly through a Preferred Service Centre Glass Shop
- Vehicles are to be taken directly to the shop for repair or replacement
- Shop collects deductible