AJHL Insurance Goal of the Game
Go, Grande Prairie Storm, Go!
Prairie Villa Insurance and Sexsmith Insurance are happy to take part in the Insurance Goal of the Game again this year!
What Is It?
As a way of supporting Victim Services, IBAA has adopted the IBAM-created Insurance Goal of the Game™ program, which is running at every Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) game throughout the province. Prairie Villa Insurance and Sexsmith Insurance are participating in the program by each sponsoring blocks of games in support of Victim Services. Money will be donated to Victim Services from Prairie Villa Insurance or Sexsmith Insurance and the IBAA if an Insurance Goal of the Game is scored.
“Insurance goal” is the term for the goal that gives the winning team a two-goal lead. At the end of each game in which an “insurance goal” is scored, the player scoring the goal and our charity partner, Victim Services, will receive a small award on behalf of IBAA and Prairie Villa Insurance or Sexsmith Insurance. IBAA will match the donation that the participating local insurance broker makes to a local Victim Services Unit. Each AJHL regular season and playoff game will feature the opportunity for the IBAA Insurance Goal of the Game to be recognized.
Statistics and Other Information
- All funds (the brokerage’s funds and IBAA’s matching donation) go to Victim Services.
- This concept has been utilized at the national level in the Canadian Hockey League and Memorial Cup.
- Victims Services is a worthy organization with about 120 locations operating in most communities throughout Alberta.
- The AJHL has 16 teams operating in or around major communities in Alberta from Grande Prairie (northwest) to Ft. McMurray (northeast) and Lethbridge and Medicine Hat (south), as well as most major points in between.
- Each AJHL team plays a 60-game schedule during the regular season.
- In the 2012–13 season, 195 games were won with an insurance goal: 163 of those games were won in the regular season; 32 of those games were won in the playoffs.
- In the 2010–11 season, 281 games were won with an insurance goal; 162 of those games were won by the home team.
- In the 2010–11 playoffs (excluding the final series), 32 games were won by an insurance goal with 19 of those won by the home team.
- In the final series, 3 games were won by an insurance goal—all by the home team.
So, come on out! Cheer the Storm on to Insurance Goals of the Game!